Monday, January 24, 2011

It's all true. We're all a little insane.

You must forgive me for being this way.
I cannot help the words I say.
I don't mean to start a riot,
but my feelings are to strong for me to fight it.

I don't want to let you down,
but it's hard when I can't get off the ground.
I'm held here against my will,
trapped in a mind that's mentally ill.

I see these images when I close my eyes.
They are of death and sweet suicide.
I see the end of my haunting life,
no more pain and no more strife.

Empty, numb, hollow is no way to live.
What's the point of living when I have nothing to give?
I try to be positive but I'm giving up.
I just want this scene to be over, the director calling "CUT!"

I don't want to play this part.
I want to be free from this broken heart.
I want a land where I can roam
and not be afraid to call it home.

I want to fly and never fall.
I want to listen to death's call.
I don't want to be stopped next time.
Forgive me, I have lost my mind.

These are the thoughts of the mentally ill,
a tortured soul with no free will.
Here I lay trapped in this shell,
living in this earth-bound hell.

Let me end it.
Set me free.
I'm going to do this.
Don't stop me.

4 words from my listeners:

SilentNightmare said...

Beautifully written *hugs*

Iris said...

I love you

NightFlower said...

This is beautiful...but I hope you don't mean the last part? :( Anyway, we're here for you, take care *hugs* xxx

Becky said...

I hate that you feel this way. I still have to say though; It shows a lot of talent that you can take all these bad feelings and turn them into something so beautiful.
I really loved this poem. It made me cry.

Please keep writing! You're amazing.

Post a Comment