Friday, April 22, 2011

umm ok

My grandpa was discharged from the hospital today. He's not ready to go home but I think insurance refused to pay. Grrr. Oh and I found out this morning that he also has congestive heart failure and anemia. My grandpa has gone through so many medical problems just to have another one added. It's stupid. I hope he's okay. I want him to get through this. Unfortunately, there is no cure for congestive heart failure and the life expectancy is only 10 years. I want him to live longer. I'm unhappy about this.
~~~~~
School was good. We answered a feminist criminology question in Criminology (uh-duh). It was about if women get more abuse because they are getting more power/equality to men. My answer was based off personal experiences. My mom is the bread winner in my family. My dad has been unemployed for two years. There is no abuse there. There is no (obvious) resentment. I think really it all depends on the man and his sense of security in where he stands. What do you guys think??
I didn't eat today. I drank (flavored) water and am currently drinking peach white tea. I should feel good. I don't feel good. I feel numb. It's not enough. It's never enough.
I'll eat tomorrow. I went to Chile's with my parents for dinner. I ordered southwestern eggrolls to go. I will eat those.
I'm tired. I want to go to bed...so I will. Good night.

Positives:
-School was good.
-My period is over.
-I'm staying with my mom.
-I didn't eat. =/

Thing I like about myself:
-Once I put my mind up to do something, I do it.

SilentNightmare- Here is the course description: This course provides a systematic study of the myths and epic cycles of the Greeks and Romans in both literature and art and investigates their survival and metamorphosis in the literature and visual arts of Western Europe. In addition, this course provides several methodological frameworks with which to analyze several types of tales and their relation to history, religion, rituals and art.

4 words from my listeners:

GraceyJ said...

im so sorry about your grandpa :( i really hope he pulls through it all.
but well done with not eating !
x

Jenny said...

I'm sorry about your G-pa, if you need someone to talk to you can email me at tinyredfoxes@gmail.com, and that goes for anything you ever need to talk about. Only if you want. I hope everything goes as well as it can. He is in my thoughts.
As for the question you asked about feminist criminology I have to agree with you completely. It depends on the man. I don't think it's uncommon for a man to resent a women with equal or greater power to himself, but I also wouldn't make the generalization that all men do.
Hang in there!
<3 Jenny

Anonymous said...

It's possible.
There is definitely some major gender bending happening to today's male youth. I see it at school (i'm an older student returning after a long, long break) -- the boys are all timid and shy, not masculine and outspoken. It probably carries into the home, where they let loose some of the frustrations of this new confusion of what it means to be a man. I think it will take time for men and women to come to equilibrium after the huge splash women's rights and feminism brought into the pond of the 20th century.

SilentNightmare said...

Sounds interesting :) *hugs* and sucks that your granddad is sick *hugs*, and i think that it does depend on the man and how secure they are in their manhood, some men are perfectly fine taking care of the kids/home instead :)

P.s- eating is not a positive hun :(

Post a Comment