Monday, April 4, 2011

check 3 and 4

I did not want to wake up this morning. Good thing my mom called at 7:40. Otherwise, I would have still been asleep. (To prevent this from happening tomorrow, I have set two alarms.) I was super slow getting ready. My grandma was ready before me! Now that's saying something.
School was good. You will never guess what I did. Well, I'm sure you could but I'll save you the trouble and just tell you! (drum roll please......) I presented in Criminology! My teacher was asking for volunteers and no one was volunteering. I hesitantly raised my hand. My teacher was like "Amber's going to go?!" and I was like "yeah." So because I volunteered, my teacher said we could leave early. I did my presentation. I was so nervous and forgot half my information, but I got through it. I asked my teacher how I did after class and he said I did good. =DDD So yay Amber!!!
I've been reading my book Get Me Out Of Here. It is really good. I'm almost done. I have about 150 more pages to go. =)
I went to therapy today. They had repainted and rearranged the waiting room. Then I found out that my therapist moved to a downstairs office. It's a lot bigger. Session went really well. I told her about my turn around and my commitment to two months suicide free and group. She was glad that I am doing better and glad that I am going to go to group, although she wishes I could make the eating disorder group (I can't because of school). I talked to her about my friend and my (old) plan of killing myself last Friday. She didn't ask what my plan was and I didn't really tell her. She didn't really say much about my friend. It was kind of weird. It felt good to get it out though. So session was good.
I saw my psychiatrist after my therapist. He didn't seem to care about my turn around in mood. He just cared about the meds. I told him I've been having troubles falling asleep at night. His solution: a sleeping pill. He suggests one every time I go in to see him. Every time I turn him down. They make me not wake up in the morning and groggy throughout the day. It's not worth it. That's the one thing I hate about psychiatrists. All they want to do is put you on a new med. It's like no, I'm dependent on them enough as it is. I really don't want another one. Plus, sleeping pills are addicting. So no med changes.
My dad was brought me home after that session. The problem was my grandparents weren't home. I called my grandma and she told me that they were at the store. She also informed me that I was (apparently) having dinner with mom and dad. That was news to me and my dad. My dad was pissed (not for the first time today) and drove me back to my sister's home. I just kind of avoided him after that. Mom came home from work and picked up my little sister and me. We went to Taco Bell for dinner. I ate too much (again). We met up with my grandparents at Wal-Mart and they took me home. I helped unload the car and put away groceries. Then I came to my room to workout. I love having my own tv with dvd/VHS player. I can workout whenever I want. =) I did my Biggest Loser: Last Chance Workout. I was super hot from that. Then I checked facebook and now I'm on here. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to read anyone's blog tonight but I should be able to tomorrow. I leave you with the positives of the day.

-I met two more weekly goals.
-I did a good job on my presentation.
-I had a good session with my therapist.
-I didn't let the mini fights with my dad ruin my day.
-I got in a workout.
-I'm really liking my book. The chapter I'm on now I really relate to.
-The sun came out and warmed me up in the car.

That's all for now. Night loves!

6 words from my listeners:

Freyja said...

I'm glad you didn't take those sleeping pills from him. :) Hope you have a good day tomorrow too!

Mae said...

Yay! You're doing really well. Happy hugs. <3

GraceyJ said...

hehe yay sounds like another good day!

x

Nikki said...

You sound great yay for good days and positivity. keep up the good work hun you deserve it, hugs
xoxo

heiscertainlyworthit said...

Wow seems like an overall good day :)
lots of love xx

Iris said...

So so happy to hear you had a good day. You deserve a lifetime of them!

Post a Comment