Tuesday, February 1, 2011

dreams

I had a rough night sleeping last night. I was having some bad dreams. They weren't horrible and I only remember bits and pieces. One of them actually woke me up. I was dreaming that I had overdosed. I started choking and feeling weird in my dream. I woke up and I couldn't breathe and my body felt funny. I thought I had really taken the pills. It took me a couple of minutes to calm down. I didn't take anything in real life, so it was okay. I was just kind of scared. Then I had a dream that I was back on my period. Now it's really not a big deal but it was in the dream because I had just gotten off my period (in real life too) and a few days later I was back on it. I was angry and I was screaming that I was fat. In my head, being on my period makes me fat. It makes me think I'm too fat to ever have an eating disorder because people with eating disorders typically don't have a period. Since I still have mine, I must be fat. I must not have an eating disorder. Periods really drive me wild.
I also have these day dreams/fantasies/whatever the heck you want to call them. I envision myself going to my therapy session and doing something bad. I have scenes where I pass out from not eating. Lately I have had scenes of slitting my wrists in the bathroom during session, then going back in just to pass out due to loss of blood. Even more recently (ever since I got the pills), I have been seeing me overdosing and passing out during session. It's kinda weird though because in my head it's like I'm planning when to take them. I envision myself taking them before we leave the house. The scene plays out in my head and I realize it wouldn't work. I envision myself taking them as soon as I get to the office. That might work. I envision myself taking them during session. That wouldn't work because I wouldn't pass out in her office. I'd pass out during group. That would be very bad. I don't know if these are more plans than dreams or what the hell they are. I guess it's just me fantasizing about getting attention. I know that if I was to really do those things I would get caught and wouldn't die. So of course that means I must be an attention whore. Why else would I fantasize about overdosing or slitting my wrists in session? How stupid would that be? I don't know what the hell my problem is but all I know is that I should never do that. That's a one way ticket to crazy land. She might even refuse to see me after that. ='( That's what I get for being a crazy ass attention whore. Oh well. I'll be safe for now. No trying to kill myself at my therapist's office. I'm only going to attempt when I know it will work. I already have my true plan all envisioned. I will do that. I just don't know when. My mom's birthday is on the 13th of this month. I don't want to kill myself before her birthday. I don't want to kill myself after either. It's too close. I don't want her to mourn my death next year for her birthday. Fuck. When is a good time to kill myself? (Don't say "there is no good time to kill yourself". I already know that.) I just want this to be over. I don't want the constant battles. I don't want the depression that never seems to go away. I'm sick of this. I'll be dying fat but it's okay. At least I won't have to deal with this eating disorder shit anymore. I'm so fucking sick of this, all of this. I just want it to end. It will end very very soon.

3 words from my listeners:

SilentNightmare said...

Have u ever told ur Therapist or Doctor that the pills are not working?

NightFlower said...

You're not an attention whore. :[ And not all people with eating disorders lose their periods so it doesn't mean you don't have one.
I'm sorry about all these horrible dreams. Take care xxx

AlwaysStriving said...

Your comments are always so comforting to me. I just want you to know that the couple of minutes that you take to read my posts and leave me a comment always means a lot to me and leaves me feeling like I am not totally and utterly alone in this world and in the craziness of this disorder. I'm so sorry that you could relate to my last post. Gosh, it just breaks my heart that you are in a position to have to feel that kind of pain too. Living is just so *hard*. People don't get that. they don't get that every little thing that you do takes so much effort and struggle. I wish I could get revenge and justice for what that man did to me too. The rage and all the other cocktails of emotions from it is just so much to bear...I think that is why I am perpetually on self-destruct mode in one way or another.

I hate that you're having nightmares too. They are the worst because they set you up for the day...and then they linger and they haunt you. I have the same kind of fantasies and "day-mares" too. One of mine is going back to the synagogue that abandoned me after I was raped by a member there...going back once I'm at my UGW...and disappearing in the bathroom and slitting my wrists. Then I go back and I sit with the congregation during the service as I bleed out. I don't think that you are an attention seeker. I don't always understand where my similar fantasies come from. I've had a lot of them in different scenarios. I don't really "get it" yet or know why I come up with this stuff and enjoy imagining it all. All I can say is just don't let it make you lose your head. I'm always working at it.

I'm sorry that life is so hard for you. I'm not really in a place to give advice myself. But, it really saddens me to hear about your struggles. I know that we don't personally know each other, but just your gentle and comforting presence on blogger makes a huge difference in my life. I'd be heartbroken to hear that something permanent happened to you.

I can't promise that life gets better and that there is some magical happy ending waiting, but I think if we can just hang in here as long as we can and just see every day that we make it through as an accomplishment, maybe someday something will give and we will be glad that we persevered. Sometimes I have moments where I feel that way when I'm alone and the sun hits my eyes just right. I hope that you have those moments sometimes, too.

Please stay safe hon. <3

Post a Comment